Winter 2017 (Volume 27, Number 4)
Update From the Communications Committee
By Dax G. Rumsey, MD, FRCP(C)
Hear ye! Hear ye! The CRA Communications Committee has an exciting year ahead! Our vision is to facilitate optimal and fluid communications between the CRA and its members, among members, and between the CRA and various other stakeholders, including industry, allied health professionals, patients and families, and the general public. In line with the 2018 CRA Board’s priorities for our committee, some of our goals for 2018 are to:
- Disseminate guidelines via our new (and improved) CRA website.
- Develop strategies to encourage community rheumatologists to apply for CIORA grants and, thus, become more involved in research.
- Implement a new feature of the eNewsletter called ‘Who’s in the Rheum?’ wherein we interview different rheumatologists across the country so that we can get to know each other better.
- Finalize the ‘History Page’ on the CRA website, working with various rheumatologists and a professional writer.
- Expand the CRA Communications Committee. We are always looking for new physician members! We will also look to include an allied health professional(s) and plan to invite a patient/parent representative to be involved in select meetings/in a certain capacity.
We are a small but vibrant and engaged committee and invite others to join the fun!
Dax G. Rumsey, MD, FRCP(C)
Chair, CRA Communications Committee
Pediatric Rheumatologist and Assistant Professor,
Stollery Children’s Hospital and University of Alberta