Winter 2017 (Volume 27, Number 4)
CIORA 2017 Summary
By Janet Pope, MD, MPH, FRCPC
The Canadian Initiative for Outcomes in Rheumatology Care (CIORA) is issuing another call for grants in 2018! The CRA Research committee will be launching the 11th CIORA Grant Competition. The grant application deadline is March 30th, 2018, and award winners will be notified at the beginning of June 2018.
As we head into our 11th grant competition, we would like to recognize the CRA Research Committee members for their hard work and dedication. Thank you to Drs. Vinod Chandran, Alfred Cividino, Boulos Haraoui, Marie Hudson, Niall Jones, Lily Lim, Laëtitia Michou, Mohammed Osman, Regina Taylor-Gjevre, Carter Thorne and John Wade. CIORA has had many successes this year. Here are just a few examples of the outcomes of CIORA-funded research :
Poster and Podium Presentations
- A Needs-based Rheumatologist Education Program on Treating to Target in Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondyloarthropathy: Insights and Challenges, Principal Investigator: Pope J. (CRA 2017)*
- Adult Axial Spondyloarthritis Screening and Referral Practices amongst Primary Care Physicians, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Nurse Practitioners: Results from a Qualitative Study, Principal Investigator: Passalent, L. (CRA 2017)
- Assessing System-level Performance Measures for Early Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Canadian Early Arthritis Cohort Study (CATCH): An 8-Year Observational Cohort Study, Principal Investigator: Barber, C. (CRA 2017)*
- Effect of Personalized Diet and Exercise Recommendations in Early Inflammatory Arthritis: A Randomized Trial, Principal Investigator: Barnabe, C. (CRA 2017)
- eHealth Supported Collaborative Care for Gout Involving Rheumatology, Pharmacy, and Dietetics: Mid-Term Outcomes, Principal Investigator: De Vera, M. (CRA 2017)*
* Recognized for Quality Improvements & Choosing Wisely
- Do Patients and Health Care Providers Have Discordant Preferences About Which Aspects of Treatments Matter Most? Evidence From a Systematic Review of Discrete Choice Experiments, Principal Investigators: Harrison M, Hudson M, BMJ Open.
- Postpartum Complications in New Mothers with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: a Population-based Cohort Study, Principal Investigator: Feldman D, Rheumatology.
- Heart Disease, Hypertension, Gestational Diabetes, Preeclampsia/Eclampsia in Mothers with Juvenile Arthritis: a Nested Case Control Study, Principal investigator: Feldman, D, Arthritis Care Res.
CIORA’s contribution to the advancement of rheumatology research in Canada is made possible by the unrestricted financial contributions of many industry partners. We would like to acknowledge their continuous support.
Janet Pope, MD, MPH, FRCPC
Professor of Medicine, Division Head,
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine,
St. Joseph’s Health Care, Western University
CIORA is Issuing Another Call for Grants in 2018!
The CIORA Online Grant Application System opens January 28, 2018.
Letter of intent must be submitted by February 28, 2018.
The CIORA Online Grant Application submission deadline is March 30, 2018 at 23:59 Pacific Time.
Please visit https://rheum.ca/en/research/ for more information.
Any questions can be directed to Virginia Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.